Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tips from Tank: Backwards Sneezing

Hey Everyone! It's Tuesday!! And that means it's all about ME ME ME!!! TANK! TANK! TANK!


My mom was talking to my Gwannie the other day about my foster brother, Rocket, making a weird coughing, almost choking like noise when he eats. Gwannie said he hadn't ever done that before. Mom told Gwannie that I do that all the time, and that it was quite alright.

You see, when I was little, I would get the backwards sneezes all the time so Mom looked into it for me and we found out that everything is perfectly normal. Backwards sneezing is for me, what it is for mom.....just....well.....backwards, in instead of out.

So, what is a backwards sneeze you ask?? Well, when I get really excited, or when I eat too fast (which I do most of the time), my trachea collapses a little and makes me make a sound that is like I am coughing up a hairball. (BTW, hairballs is yucky; Ninja usually leaves his for Mom on the kitchen table). Mom says I even look like a frog when I sneeze backwardsly....

What can you do if your pets backwards sneeze? Well, my mom either massages my throat to help or sometimes she will pinch my nose so I can breath through my mouth.

But, of course, if you are concerned, you should see your vet.


No comments:

Post a Comment